Peter J. Smiley
Attorney at Law
Attorney Peter J. Smiley joined Willms-O'Leary, S.C. in 2015. He practices in the areas of tax planning and preparation, business law, estate planning, trust administration, real estate, accounting, and taxation. Peter prepares estate, gift, and income tax returns, with a focus on fiduciary and business income tax returns.
Peter also assists businesses, trusts, and estates in the operation and administration of these entities. This includes the accounting, tax preparation, payable/receivable management, and various other tasks these entities may be required to complete.
Peter is licensed to practice in the State of Wisconsin and in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin. He is an active member of the Ozaukee County Bar Association, the Milwaukee Bar Association, and the Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He also sits on the Board of Directors and is the Vice President of the Friends of the Domes.
He received his Juris Doctor from Marquette University Law School, where he graduated with honors. While at Marquette, Peter was an intern with the Honorable Judge Mark Gundrum, on the Wisconsin Court of Appeals, and was an editor for the Marquette Intellectual Property Law Review. He earned a B.A. in Finance with a focus in Accounting from UW-Milwaukee, and is currently a completing his M.S. of Taxation.
Peter is a Mequon native, and enjoys motorsports, travel, and volunteering with a number of local organizations.
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- Taxation Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin, Director (2020 - 2023 term)
- Ozaukee County Bar Association, Member
- Milwaukee County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Board Member and Vice President of the Friends of the Domes
- Member of the Greater Milwaukee Foundation Young Professional Advisor Council
- Member of Milwaukee Public Museum 1882 Society